20th September, 2021
Job Type: Direct
- 40 hours per week
- Weekends and holidays as assigned.
General job duties:
All staff including Supervisor are generalists. Supervisor is expected to work 6 out of 10 days per pay period. It is about 28 people and 20.5 FTEs.
This position is the direct supervisor for the evening and night shift staff at Indianapolis and the Evening shifter at Carmel. As supervisor on site they are also responsible to assist Mooresville evening and night shift with issues. They are responsible for the evening/night shift schedules for all three campuses.
The position will rotate to Mooresville and Carmel as needed.
I am looking for someone who has experience as a generalist. Evening shift tends to be newer techs and we need someone with good technical skills and knowledge. A MT is preferred since they can be utilized to do all competency checkoffs.
This individual is responsible for front line operations of testing in the laboratory. Advanced technical knowledge in the field supervised is required. Ability to work with front line staff in troubleshooting instrument problems as they occur. Technically competent in the quality control program, proficiency testing and process improvement program of the areas of testing. Responsible for regulatory compliance of the testing overseen. Competency of staff supervised for testing is part of the responsibility for this position, which may include corrective action if necessary. At least two technical areas will be included, e.g., Chemistry/Hematology or Blood Bank/Microbiology. Also, this individual is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the specialty technical areas assigned. This individual shall maintain a healing environment for employees and patients with a spirit of caring and concern as incorporated in the philosophy of our Catholic healthcare systems while performing all job functions.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept:
Blood Bank Instrumentation
• Galileo Echo
• Raycell CE X-ray Blood Irradiator
• Beckman Coulter Power Processor Automation Line
• Beckman AU 680, 480
• Beckman Unicel DxI 600
• Beckman Access II
• Triage Meter for BNP
• TLilQ for Fetal Fibronectin
• iSed Analyzer
• Beckman Coulter DxH 1601, 600, LH 750, LH500
• IL TOP 750, 550, 350
• AccuMetrics VerifyNOW
• iChem 100/iChem Velocity
• Iricell/iQ 200 Series System, iChem Velocity, iChem100
Apply For Job
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a lab science and graduate of an accredited medical lab technician or medical technologist program required.
- Meets the alternative education and experience qualifications set forth by the ASCP to become registry eligible for the MLT or MT category.
- Training and relevant experience in high complexity testing of Immunology, Chemistry, Hematology and Microbiology.
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience in a high complexity laboratory setting is also required.
- ASCP certified