Position Summary: Using independent judgment, perform radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures utilizing a variety of Radiology equipment in applying prescribed ionizing radiation to patients for diagnosis and treatment.
• Registered radiographer (ARRT-R) in good standing or registry eligible. If not otherwise specified by the professional licensing body, the maximum allowable time to practice in a “registration pending” status is three months.
• Active license required in radiography from the IEMA Division of Nuclear Safety.
• Maintain CPR Certification.
• Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills required. Moderate physical effort.
Scope of Supervision:
Directly supervises 0 employees; indirectly supervises employees
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform a variety of radiographic, fluoroscopic, portable, and surgical procedures on patients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
2. Maintain technical skills relating to the manipulation of imaging factors.
3. Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
4. Maintain technical skills in performance of portable radiographic imaging, both with static and fluoroscopic equipment.
5. Maintain technical skill with the performance of trauma imaging, bariatric imaging (including the operation of bariatric patient transfer devices), imaging in ICU environments, and imaging in neonatal environments.
6. Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, Physicians and fellow employees.
7. Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
8. Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure safe and efficient operations of the department.
9. Ensure proper recording and transmission of patient information.
10. Ensure the safety of patients, visitors and employees.
11. Take call required to assigned section of the department.
12. Provide supervision, guidance and instruction to Radiography Students.
13. Provide a Great Patient Experience by employing A.I.D.E.T and “Greet and Feet”. 14. Performs other related work as required or requested.