11th June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller area where the population is around 50K that offers a low cost of living and plenty of activities in the area but is within a few hours of several large cities.
Position is located in a beautiful area of Idaho that offers around 400 miles of River and has been rated as a Top Outdoor area to live in.
So if you enjoy fishing, hunting, cycling, walking, running or golf then this would be a great place to reside.
With a 50K population the area still remains peaceful and quaint while having several stores for retail shopping, medical facilities and much more.
Under the direction and supervision of the Assistant Administrator, has line and functional responsibility for departmental management of the Surgical Services departments (OR, PACU, PreSurgery, Preop, Sterile processing, Day Surgery & Infusion center).
Responsibilities shall include, but not necessarily be limited to: the direct supervision of the functions and activities in the department; interpreting policies, standards, and regulations of the Medical Center, Patient Care Services Division to department personnel, patients, Medical Staff, and public; and, responsibility for patient care on a 24 hour basis.
The responsibilities shall be discharged in such a manner as to ensure quality patient care within the department.
The Department Director must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her department.
The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
He/she must be able to provide care with consideration of developmental status.
- Bachelor's degree Nursing required. Master's degree in a health related or education field preferred.
- RN license in Idaho or able to obtain.
- 3-4 year's Acute care Critical Care experience with sufficient scope and experience to understand the needs of the division of nursing.
- Management experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required as well as ability to stimulate and motivate learning.
Apply For Job
- The position reports to the CNO.
- This person would supervise over 40-45 employees.
- There is 2 inpatient units. ICU has 9 beds and PCU/Stepdown Unit has 11 beds
- This position is a salaried offering between $100K-$140K depending on experience and credentials.
- They also offer a full benefit package and will assist with relocation.