10th June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
General job duties:
Working in conjunction with the Vice President of Patient Services and Director of Nursing, the Director of Surgical Services Department provides planning, direction, organization and leadership in the delivery of services within the department. Acts as a liaison between other hospital departments and the medical staff to assure effective communication in the planning of quality patient care. Practices within the framework of the nursing process, hospital and department policies and procedures, the Wyoming Nurse Practice Act and AORN Standards.
Primary Job Duties:
1. Provides direction and facilitates development of department goals and objectives.
2. Collaborates with Clinical Care Supervisors in developing standards for clinical practice.
3. Provides supervisory support and consultation to those who plan and administer care.
4. Evaluates department’s human resources needs, including recruitment and retention of staff.
5. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplinary actions in conjunction with the supervisory staff.
6. Maintains fiscal responsibility for departments.
7. Develops and monitors the operating and capital budgets.
8. Develops marketing strategies.
9. Actively participates in hospital committees.
10. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with inter-and intra-departmental personnel, medical staff, community, patients and family members.
11. Keeps abreast of current developments in patient care and provides and coordinates in-service training of employees.
12. Promotes service excellence.
13. Evaluates patient care delivery systems and oversees the continuous quality improvement efforts.
14. Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial practices.
15. Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years of nursing experience, 5 of which are in management.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN or BSN commensurate work. Current RN license in state of Wyoming.
Shift: Full time
Apply For Job