10th June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center. It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
The perfusionist’s principle role is to assemble and operate a collection of life support services, collectively known as the “heart lung machine”, which supports the patients life during open heart surgery.
Perfusionists also operate a variety of other life support and assist devices that deal with circulation
- Prepares various physiologic monitoring instrumentation and circulatory machinery for surgical cases.
- Checks and maintains equipment prior to surgery to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintains and operates heart lung machine.
- Assembles and assists with intra aortic balloon counterpulsation.
- Assists director with interviewing and recruitment of new staff.
- Utilizes high-speed centrifuge devices to collect, separate, and return blood components to a patient.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in circulation technology or related degree.
- Completion of an accredited perfusion program.
- Must be certified or eligible.
- One year of perfusion experience required.
Apply For Job
- The do about approximately 200 cases a year, including TAVR, CABG, Valves, Aortic surgery, etc.
- Responsibilities include all cardiac surgery perfusion duties such as cell saver, IABP, ISTAT, HMS, and very occasional VAD placement.
- There are some cell saving duties for the general OR as well.
- There are 3 other Perfusionist in the department and it is a great group to work with.
- Person does have to rotate call and live within 30 minute response time.
- The position is offering between 51.94hr-71.49hr. The position offers relocation and a great benefit package.