Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Here is the details:
Provides professional social work services through the assessment and resolution of problems and issues that impact overall health and well being, including discharge planning.
- Utilizes supportive counseling techniques, provides crisis interventions, and facilitates therapeutic, support, and education groups as needed to assist patients in developing coping strategies when lifestyle changes occur due to illness/disability.
- Participates as representative of The HealthCare System in community boards/task forces when appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in laws that affect social work practice.
- Follows the ethical codes as established by the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Work Board.
- Completes psycho-social assessments utilizing a systems approach.
- Facilitates completion of Advance Directive forms, effectively completes Pre-admission Screening form for Mental Illness and Mental
- Retardation, and verifies appropriateness of patient need for guardianship and follows procedure according to state law and hospital policy.
- Makes referrals to Medicaid waiver program as appropriate.
- Observes indicators of abuse and neglect and follows protocols in accordance with state law and hospital policy,
- Exhibit skills as patient advocate, mediator, facilitator, and supports the patient’s right to self-determination.
- Involves patient/family/significant other in any decision making related to patient’s plan of care.
- Completes documentation accurately and within specified time frames.
- Assists with orientation of new staff and/or students
- Monitors length of stay and identifies and participates in the development and implementation of strategies to reduce unnecessary resource consumption on assigned patient populations.
- Collaborates with members of the medical staff and the interdisciplinary team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of care.
- Must be currently licensed in the state of Ohio.
- Must have a Bachelors(BSW) or Masters(MSW).
- Needs to have 1-2 years minimum experience.
- This position is with Physician Services so it is a M-F position.
- They use EPIC EMR.
- Reports to one of our strongest managers (professional, empathetic, has high expectations for her staff).
- The pay depends on experience but the range is 41K-57K. They have an excellent benefit package and will offer some relocation.