09th June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
The Phlebotomist Supervisor will provide supervision for designated phlebotomy area of the laboratory, ensure regulatory requirements are met, and implement process change improvements that continue to enhance clinical excellence.
This incumbent is responsible to be a positive influence, committed to improving the performance of the workgroup and the organization as a whole.
-Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
-May perform phlebotomy. Able to demonstrate proper collection techniques in accordance with the laboratory collection services policy and procedure manual.
-Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and annually evaluate test menu for growth opportunity.
-Scope of responsibility may include oversight of daily operations, direct management of quality control programs, employee competency assessments, implementation of new test platforms, assistance with capitol and operating budget.
-In depth knowledge and understanding of CAP and CLIA regulatory requirements for clinical laboratory.
-Maintains knowledge and assists the organization in complying with all regulatory agencies including HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
-Maintain knowledge of employee performance review document.
-May provide assistance to coordinate employee absence events.
-Oversight management of projects assigned by manager or director.
-Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
-Performs other functions as assigned.
- Completed an accredited phlebotomy program and five years-experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution, and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and encourage employee behaviors congruent with the facility mission statement.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to Lab Manager of Support Services.
- Person will oversee Phlebotomists & Central Processing and this will be around 45 FTEs(Phlebotomist)
- Person will be required to work 1-2 weekends a month.
- Experience in a high volume lab would be a plus.
- On average, the phlebotomy team draws 934 specimens daily plus The staff averages an additional 567 orders daily from multiple facilities outside of the main hospital.
- The position is offering between 16hr-22hr.