08th June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Would you like to work in a facility where you make a difference in patient outcomes and be part of a team? How about living in a small town conveniently located in southeast Tennessee, a short drive from both Knoxville and Chattanooga with easy access to I-75 and a few large lakes.
The area offers numerous outdoor activities and a quaint downtown area. Please continue to review then.
The Medical Technologist performs various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases by following procedures and operating equipment as directed.
The MT/MLT also performs and records test results, quality control and performs preventative maintenance on instruments. As needed, the MT/MLT will help prepare tissue for the pathologist.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
-Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
-Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
-Performs quality control testing.
-Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
-Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing.
-Collects blood specimens using age-appropriate techniques.
-Assists with receiving, identifying, accessioning, processing and transporting specimens.
-Maintains work area in a safe, aseptic and organized manner.
- Looking for someone with ASCP certification and will consider new grads.
- Must be an MLT(ASCP) or MT(ASCP).
- TN Med Tech license is required.
Apply For Job
- Facility is a multi campus 175+ bed acute care, skilled and long term care facility.
- There are 2 open positions:
- Evening shift(3-11pm) during the week and every other weekend.
- Nights(7p-7a) including every other weekend.
- The range is between 40K-75k depending on experience and if MT or MLT. Shift diffs are between $1.50hr-$2.50hr plus an additional weekend shift diff.
- The facility offers a great benefit package and relocation/sign-on is offered.