Provide, prescribe, delegate, and coordinate nursing care with other health care providers to meet holistic care needs of designated group of patients.
Work varies depending on patient census and acuity. May float out to like units or units for which the employee has been oriented and is clinically able to perform tasks.
All patient care equipment; Telecommunication system; Information systems; Pneumatic tube system; General patient care supplies; Transport equipment; Electronic charging system.
Standard (Essential Functions):
Formulate clinical decisions and implement multi-dimensional plans of care that demonstrate independent judgment and critical thinking consistent with private standards and/or stat and federal regulations.
· Administer patient care in a proficient and professional manner utilizing current technology.
· Utilize the nursing process to initiate, individualize, and implement a nursing care plan.
· Recognize significant changes in patient condition, establish priorities, and take appropriate action.
· Establish priorities in delivery of patient care.
· Accountable for completion of the admission process for all patients.
· Demonstrate expertise in systems assessments, nursing interventions, and documentation of patient responses in medical record.
· Maintain proficiency of technical skills.
· Coordinate patient and family education and discharge planning.
· Collaborate with patients, families, medical staff and/or other health care providers to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
· Demonstrate appropriate use of clinical information system.
· Provide input for the evidence based practice guidelines and formulation of policies, procedures, and protocol specific to unit with approval of appropriate committees.