07th June, 2021
General job duties:
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and
genuine interest in each resident’s needs
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADL’s and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or
opportunities to the appropriate team member
- Cleans occupied resident apartments, including bathrooms, living areas, and bedrooms, according to weekly schedule or more often if needed.
- Maintains apartments in a safe, comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents’ personal items secure.
- Prepares apartments for move-ins as assigned.
- Ensures common areas, including restrooms and elevators, are cleaned and presentable to prescribed sanitary standards on a scheduled basis and as needed.
- Maintains safety and comfortability in main common areas.
- Reports needed supplies to the appropriate designee.
- Coordinates housekeeping services with other departments.
- Listens and respond to residents’ queries and requests.
- Notifies manager of any hazardous issues, change in residence status, and other situations that would warrant attention.
- Ensures equipment and supply carts are properly maintained and stored and that storage areas are kept clean and safe.
- Follows community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe equipment, or maintenance issues.
- Utilizes cleaning chemicals properly and safely in accordance with product instructions and department guidelines
- Maintains a positive demeanor towards residents and guests, respecting individual confidentiality, dignity, and rights.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept: Standard cleaning equipment
- - Minimum 18 years of age or proper work permit
- - High school diploma or equivalent
- - Follow written and verbal instructions
- - Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- - Sufficient literacy skills to read safety labels, written procedures and to otherwise fulfill the Essential
- - Negative Tuberculosis test (per state regulation)
- - Clear background check
Duties and Responsibilities of the job
- - Lift and carry up to 30 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently
- - Frequent standing, walking, twisting, bending, extending and reaching for periods up to eight (8) hours
- - 1-2 years of housekeeping experience in a similar environment preferred.
- - Experience working with seniors helpful.
- - Experience working in a customer service-focused environment.
- - Able to communicate in written and spoken English.
- - Comfortable working in an environment with pets including, but not limited to dogs, cats, and birds.
- - Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related diseases.
- - Able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days where required.
- - Able to meet standard requirements such as background checks, drug screening, physical, and TB testing where required.
- - Blood-borne pathogen training.
Apply For Job