There are various shifts available 12 hour days/nights; specific shifts will be determined at time of offer
General job duties. Types of procedures required:
• Assesses patients, as appropriate to the scope of care the nurse will provide. Assessments may include: physical, psychosocial, learning needs and barriers, needs related to age/culture, discharge planning.
• Establishes nursing diagnoses based on results of assessments and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Plans care according to identified diagnoses and needs. Updates plan of care as appropriate.
• Implements/performs individualized care, based on nursing care plan and the nurse’s role with the patient. This care may include but not be limited to:
o Assisting with activities of daily living, including fall risk management and safe patient handling.
o Medication administration
o Skin assessment/wound care
o Pain management
o Operation/manipulation of biomedical and other patient care and testing equipment, including but not limited to infusion pumps, patient transfer equipment, cardiopulmonary monitors, invasive catheters and drains, thermoregulation devices, measurement devices, medication dispensing cabinets, external therapeutic devices.
o Assisting the physician and other licensed, independent practitioners with invasive and non-invasive procedures.
o Teaching patients and their families about current illness, medical tests, medication, general healthcare, illness and disease prevention, and wellness promotion.
o Providing appropriate assignment, supervision, and direction to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to ensure optimum patient care.
o Providing interdisciplinary coordination and facilitation of overall care.
• Documents patient assessments, interventions, care, and teaching in the electronic medical record. Documents in paper format, as necessary.
• Documentation is complete, concise, timely, and legible.
• Evaluates care provided, communicates patient status and results of care to the interdisciplinary team.
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiently identifies and interprets cardiac rhythm strips; thoroughly knowledgeable regarding cardiac monitoring system and defibrillator functions
• Proficient in use of telemetry system
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept: Braun pumps, Welch Allyn machines, Philips monitoring telemtry, Hugs security system, Soarian computer program
• Acute care hospital experience in past two years or intermediate/progressive care experience preferred
• At least 3 years' experience required
• Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language.
• Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly-changing patient and unit needs.
• Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
• Responds effectively to patient crisis/emergency situations
• Proficient in use of computer, including accessing internet, word processing, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
• Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
• American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support card or obtain within 6 months of hire
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
• American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period