Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
The Medical Technologist performs various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases by following procedures and operating equipment as directed.
The MT/MLT also performs and records test results, quality control and performs preventative maintenance on instruments. As needed, the MT/MLT will help prepare tissue for the pathologist.
The person will be working in a progressive Lab that has state of the art equipment in a brand new lab.
The lab performs 1.8 million test/year.
- Looking for someone with ASCP certification and will consider new grads if completed a clinical in a high volume lab.
- Must be an MLT(ASCP) or MT(ASCP)
- Blood Bank experience would be a plus.
- The new lab director is expanding the department and looking for energetic Med Techs to join their team.
- The position is 2nd shift and will require an every 3rd weekend rotation. Hours will start at 2pm, 2:30pm or 3pm.
- Person will orientate on first shift for first 6 months.
- The department uses SoftLab/SCC as their LIS. So having that experience is a plus.
- Facility is very fast paced as they perform over 1.5 million billable tests a year.
- MLT: $21.16-$28.45hr MT: $23.48hr-$31.58hr
- 2nd shift differential is $2.75hr 3rd shift differential is $3.00hr Weekend differential is $1.05hr
- The position also offers a relocation/sign-on bonus and full benefit package.