03rd June, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Responsible for the management and supervision of the hospital’s general accounting department including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
Develops procedures for the preparation for financial reporting for The HealthCare System to ensure the highest degree of integrity of the financial statements.
Collaborates with the CFO to facilitate cooperation within the department and with external department managers related to accounting services to ensure outstanding customer service.
SOME ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
-Communicates with other management, not only the results of the financial statements, but any possible problems or concerns that may require their immediate attention.
-Facilitates the month-end and year-end closing process and dates to ensure timely financial statement preparation.
-Effectively communicates with other financial departments (i.e., Purchasing, Corporate Consulting, Payroll) the need for data to ensure accurate financial statements.
-Oversees the preparation, maintenance, and overall integrity of the financial statement reporting for hospital operations.
-Manages information in a manner that prevents breach of confidentiality or un-permitted access to information.
-Develops accounting processes/procedures to ensure safeguarding of the facilities assets.
-Monitors current cash status to ensure meeting immediate cash disbursement needs. This includes coordination of AP and Check runs to ensure sufficient funds.
-Reviews and monitors monthly reconciliations of General Ledger Accounts to their supporting detail to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial reports.
-Monitors accounts payable functions to ensure appropriate distribution of assets.
-Oversees daily cash balancing process to ensure accurate reflection of assets.
-Oversees and assists with preparation of schedules and accuracy of work papers for audits.
-Approves ACH, bank transfers, checking and bank reconciliations for accuracy and follow-up.
-Will work with accounting staff and IT for system functionality.
- Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business OR must be a CPA.
- Minimum 5 years of Accounting leadership at the Director level and health care accounting experience would be preferred.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals(GAAP).
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and multiple systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Position reports to CFO at this time but could report to a Controller in the in the future.
- Person will oversee around 25 direct reports including an accounting manager.
- The pay depends on experience but the range is between $45hr($93000)-$62hr($128960) plus an annual salary bonus, full benefit package and relocation.