01st June, 2021
Reporting to the Laboratory Section Manager or Supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in order to obtain data for use in diagnosing patient illness. In doing so, receives and processes specimens, examines specimens and records test results. Provides test result information to approved callers and alerts appropriate personnel to abnormal rest results for immediate action. Clinical Laboratory Technician 1 may be assigned to work in any laboratory section. The following are general characteristics of this job, although duties may vary based on assigned area and/or shift.
SKILLS OR SPECIALIZATION REQUIRED:
A. Education and Training: An associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Technology. Successful completion of the NCAIASCP registry exam is preferred; alternate registrations are acceptable if equivalent. Other associates degrees acceptable with successful completion of the ASCP MLT registration exam, or the NCLS MLT certification exam.
B. Licensing: CLT/MLT required, CLS/MT preferred
C. Work Experience: No experience required. Epic Beaker LIS experience is preferred. Phlebotomy experience is preferred
D. Skills and Abilities
Preferred instrumentation experience: Abbott Architect, Sysmex XN-2000, Stago Compact Max, Abbott ID Now, Quidel Sofia, GEM 4000, Abbott I Stat, Siemens Clinitek+
COGNITIVE SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Ability to read and follow policies and procedures written in English. Ability to understand written and spoken English. Ability to remember and to understand the written and spoken word.
2. Knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
3. Ability to work on several projects at one time with good organizational skills, judgment and technical skills.
4. Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively and communicate with patients and other health care professionals.
5. High level of professionalism and skillful performance in stressful situations.
6. Analytical skills necessary in order to interpret routine tests, recognize abnormal test results and troubleshoot equipment.
7. Ability to access patient care areas as necessary and perform phlebotomy procedures.
Apply For Job