31st May, 2021
Performs technical procedures in the application of non ionizing, high frequency ultrasonic wave for diagnosis and treatment of disease; operates ultrasound equipment, interfaces with various computer systems, including the electronic medical records and PACs systems. Prepares exam rooms, equipment, supplies and according to hospital policy.
Required Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, and/or skills
1. Registered as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer or Registered Vascular Technologist
2. Required to obtain the other registry within one year of employment
3. Work requires a professional level of knowledge of ultrasound techniques and procedures at a level that generally can be acquired by completion of two years training in Radiology Technolo¬gy or equivalent plus an additional year training in Ultrasonography.
4. Work requires up to twelve months of prior related work experience to be able to independently perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures, equipment operation, and to gain knowledge of patient care techniques.
5. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively with patients when allaying fears and eliciting cooperation, and to relay patient information to physicians and nursing personnel.
6. Work requires analytical ability to recognize anatomic abnormalities, adjust equipment settings to appropriately target the ultrasound, and identify irregularities during course of ultrasound and notify appropriate personnel.
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification
1. Prefer currently registered as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer and Registered Vascular Technologist.
One year performing abdominal, pelvic and vascular ultrasound.
ARDMS and RVT Certification
BLS - American Heart
ARDMS (AB), ARDMS (OB/GYN), ARDMS (B), RVT, RT (VS) (ARRT), RT (BS) (ARRT)
Subject to electrical, biohazards and non-ionizing, high frequency ultrasonic wave. Regular exposure to infectious agents through daily contact and care of patients who use the medical center services.
REQUIRED PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:
Eye and face protection. Gowns and use of gloves, both sterile and non sterile gloves.
Medical Imaging Director, Radiology Manager, and US Supervisor
Apply For Job