Direct hire & excellent benefits.
Full time & Day shift.
About the area: Watertown is located in the northern part of upstate New York. The area offers lush farmlands, miles of waterfront, acres of forests, quaint villages, a booming commercial center, and of course, Fort Drum, home to the 10th Mountain Division, one of the most deployed divisions in the Army. For the outdoors-man, picturesque scenery of the Adirondacks opens the way to the 1,000 Islands region bordered by New York and Canada. A sightseers paradise and a popular destination for those looking for authentic outdoor activities. Boating, fishing, rafting, hiking, camping and so much more. 30 miles to Canada and 70 miles to Syracuse.
We have a great Nurse Manager Opening!
The Nurse Manager is a first line manager as the leader for a specified geographic nursing unit/service, its patient population and assigned staff. The nurse manager assumes 24 hour responsibility and accountability for all patient care activities, unit operation and staff function. Ensures that quality nursing/patient care is delivered to all patients on his/her unit/service in accordance with established hospital standards, nursing division/unit structure, process and outcome standards, regulatory and accreditation requirements and the philosophy, goals and objectives, and mission of the hospital and nursing division. Assumes responsibility for the development coordinator and implementation of the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program in respective dept.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and current New York RN license.
- Masters in nursing preferred.
- BLS required or obtained within 3 months of hire.
- BSN required or equivalent demonstrated by application of the theoretical aspects of behavioral sciences and nursing administration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the clinical area
- Evidence of continued professional growth.