28th May, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community (25K population), that offers a low cost of living (18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east-central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six-county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation, and excellence.Overview of position:
Provides patient care in the physician office setting. Assists providers and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as a primary liaison between patients, families, staff, and providers.
- Assists physicians with examinations and other office procedures.
- Schedules diagnostic tests, surgeries and pre-admission testing.
- Performs initial-response screening following protocols approved by a physician.
- Performs a variety of tests and procedures including CLIA-waived tests, electrocardiography, respiratory testing, and phlebotomy including venipuncture and capillary puncture.
- Prepares and administers oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications and immunizations as directed by physician and permitted by state law.
- Administers patient injections.
- Calls prescriptions into pharmacy per direction of the physician.
- Functions as a liaison between physician, patient and patient’s family.Practices Standard Precautions, including hand washing and biohazardous materials; applies principals of aseptic technique and infection controls.
- Collects and processes specimens.
- Maintains examination/treatment rooms, including an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies.
- Obtains, and records patient history; obtains vital signs and prepares patients for examination, procedure or treatment.
- Accurately documents patient communication and clinical treatments, including medication and immunization records.
- Prepares patient information packets.
- Must have one of the following qualifications: (1) Certified Medical Assistant through appropriate board (i.e. American Association of Medical Assistants), (2) registered through appropriate board (i.e. The American Registry of Medical Assistants).
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology required.
- Understanding of laboratory techniques required.
- Knowledge clinical and diagnostic procedures.
- Demonstrated pharmacology knowledge and ability to administer medication.
- Knowledge of office practices, patient relations, and medical law and ethics.
- Demonstrated an understanding of various coding and reimbursement systems including ICD, CPT required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret clinical data and excellent critical thinking skills to make appropriate interventions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply For Job
- The areas they are looking for experienced CMA's in several areas(Family Practice, Heart Lung & Vascular, Primary Care)
- These positions are open to growth and adding new doctors.
- The facility offers a rate between 29K-38K based on experience and they offer a full benefits package.