Are you considering a career change? Would you be open to living in close to Santa Fe in a beautiful mountain community surrounded by the powerful Jemez Mountains.
The area is a health oriented community that is proud to have its own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center where Olympic swim teams train, the best schools in the state of NM, outstanding hiking trails and is a very safe community.
Local historical and beautiful sites (Santa Fe, Taos) are within an hour’s drive of the area.
The facility is committed to its quality initiatives and a culture of safety, is invested in the growth of its staff and thus supports ongoing education, certifications and other ongoing learning, and extends numerous recognition programs to all of its staff.
Would you like to work for a facility that appreciates its employees and offers an excellent work life balance and a nice lab environment. Then continue to review the details on the lab opening.
-This combined position holds responsibilities as the Blood Bank MT Lead and department Resource Tech.
-Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare sample for testing.
-Collects samples and analyze bodily fluids and substances for abnormalities.
-Collects blood and study blood samples used in transfusions.
-Operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective manner.
-Analyzes test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits, and reports/documents results per organization standards.
-Performs automated tests using computerized instruments and automated equipment.
-Performs manual tests based on detailed instructions from a physician.
-Runs tests and analyzes the results to be reported to the patient, physician or registered nurse.
-Performs Quality Assurance work to ensure accuracy of equipment.
-Monitors the technical functions of the lab department including equipment safety, validity of the test results and evaluation of problems identified, correlation studies, review and revision of test procedures and methodologies, document of quality control practices, inventory management and employee orientation.
-Monitors Proficiency Testing activities including reviewing results and documenting corrective action as required.
-Performs common testing procedures and reports testing results.
-Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
-Performs quality control testing.
-Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
-May temporarily take over several supervisor responsibilities of the Lab in the absence of the Director.
-Oversees day to day activities and assists the Director with Human Resources management issues in the laboratory department.
-Assists Director in KRONOS timekeeping editing for the department.
-Assists Director in scheduling responsibilities for the departments.
-Assists the Director in supervising staff including: Medical Technologist, MLTs, Lab Assistant and clerical personnel.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Licenses: Current ASCP or AMT Certification as MT required.
- At least 3 year of leadership experience preferred.
- Basic Phlebotomy skills are required.
- BLS must be obtained within ninety (90) days from hire.
- New hires will have ninety (90) days from date of hire to obtain American heart Association certifications.
- Notwithstanding the 'grace period' for obtaining American Heart Association certification, employees are not excused from being current in any and all existing certifications that are required for their position as outlined in the position job description.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Position reports to the Lab Director and is second in command as the person will supervise the MT's and MLT's in the Blood Bank area and the overall lab.
- The schedule will be Mondays-Fridays, 9am-5:30 pm, rotating on holidays, nights, and week-ends. The Resource tech must be good in multi-tasking.
- The position covers working the bench when a tech calls in sick or on vacation.
- The range is $28.50hr-$42.50hr depending on experience and they offer full benefits including a rental incentive.