27th May, 2021
General job duties:
• Support daily work of department. Prepare procedure rooms as needed per patient, surgery, location of surgery, and provider’s need throughout the day.
• Perform Anesthesia machine check according to FDA standards.
• Demonstrate knowledge in troubleshooting situations involving anesthesia machines, Epic, patient monitors, and other anesthesia related equipment.
• Assist anesthesia providers and nursing staff as needed during difficult intubations, traumas, and anesthesia related events within the anesthesia tech's scope of practice.
• Maintain clean and functioning anesthesia equipment, coordinates repairs with Bio-medical technicians.
• Maintain clean, organized, stocked anesthesia supplies. Monitoring stock par level, rotating supplies, and removing outdated items. (Anesthesia machines, Pyxis, Mobile carts, Pediatric cart, Malignant Hyperthermia cart, Epidural cart, Block cart, Difficult Airway cart, Video scope, Fiber optic scopes, TEE transducers, Ultrasound & printer, anesthesia office, East quad, and West quad.
• Demonstrate ability to anticipate and respond to turnovers efficiently.
• Demonstrate effective and safe communication with Caregivers, patients, and their families.
• Acknowledge Hospital Policies and Protocols.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept:
Demonstrates knowledge of:
• Anesthesia machines
• Medication Syringe/Infusion pumps
• Blood Warmer
• Nerver Stimulator
• Train of Four
• Gas Vaporizers
• Capsule Neuron
• Stryker monitors
• GE patient monitoring devices
• Invasive blood pressure and non-invasive blood pressure monitoring
• Pain Pumps
• Patient temperature regulator devices
- Anticipate department needs with minimal supervision.
- Work autonomously and as a team
- Knowledge of infection control and aseptic technique
- Basic computer skills, MS windows, excel, outlook, KRONOS, and Epic
- 2 years as a Certified Anesthesia Technologist or Certified Anesthesia Technician• BLS
- National ASATT Certification
Apply For Job