27th May, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Reports to the Central Sterile Processing Supervisor. Is responsible for the care, preparation, and maintenance of sterile and unsterile instruments, equipment, and supplies. Identifies, inspects and assembles instrumentation for use in a sterile procedure. Sterilizes instrumentation and completes quality control checks as required. Ensures proper inventory levels by filling requests according to established unit of measure.
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a high school diploma. A minimum of one year of central service processing experience is required. Completion of the certified central service tech program from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHCSMM) or other accredited central service or surgical technologist program resulting in certification must be attained within six months of hire. Must maintain certification status.
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of and skills to prepare general and special surgical instrumentation for surgical procedures and knowledge of needs and steps in use of instrumentation, materials and supplies.
- Requires thorough knowledge of sterilization procedures, basic aseptic techniques and maintenance and care of surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Requires a working knowledge of inventory structures, such as dispensing unit of measure and low unit of measure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills (i.e., Censitrac, Word, Excel and Windows applications).
- An understanding of database applications is desired.
- Requires basic knowledge of safety, departmental and hospital policies and emergency disaster procedures.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, supervisors, physicians and staff members of other departments.
- Demonstrates communication skills, both verbal and written, necessary to effectively complete forms and take messages in a legible and accurate manner.
Work is performed in a sterile processing and distribution environment requiring physical exertion, time demands and some undesirable objects to handle.Potential exposure to physical, chemical and bio-hazards. Physical Demands
Requires physical ability, manual dexterity, and stamina (i.e., to lift up to 50 pounds, to push/pull storage carts, frequent bending, reaching, standing and walking and occasional kneeling/squatting and the ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
Apply For Job