The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes
Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students
Align practice with safety and quality; be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems
Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within six (6) years of hire.
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Active state Registered Nurse license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within thirty (30) days from hire
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty