Provides clinical/medical social work services in clients’ homes as determined by physician orders and interdisciplinary evaluation of clients’ care and treatment needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivers medical social work services to Home Health clients
Completes timely entry of clinical and progress notes into medical record
Establishes measurable goals within scope of practice and incorporates into interdisciplinary plan of care
Collaborates with client, family, and other agency and community resources, as appropriate, tomove the client’s care plan towards care plan goals
Reports and documents significant change in the client’s physical condition or plan of care directly to the physician and other team members.
Responds effectively to client crisis/emergency situations
Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language
- Effectively works with interdisciplinary team
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking, priority-setting, and decision making abilities; able to function independently
- Proactively adapts to change
- Formulates and maintains effective working relationships with physicians, members of the
- Home Health team, other community providers and caregivers
- Able to work in client’s home of various socioeconomic levels with possible exposure to pets, smoke, etc.
- Graduate of accredited school/social work program
- If Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), must be licensed to practice in State of Oregon
- Master’s degree in medical social work
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period
- Must pass a criminal records check at hire and every three years from the date of the last
criminal records check in accordance with ORS443.004
- At least 3 years of recent work experience as a medical social worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- At least one year of Home Health experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.
• Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
• Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs
• Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision
• Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects
• Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair
• May be required to lift up to 75 pounds
• Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
• May require periodic use of personal computer