NOW HIRING! Contract/Traveler Home Health LPN in Rockford, IL
The Licensed Practical Nurse utilizes physiological, psychological and spiritual knowledge to care for a variety of patients. Clinician functions as a part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of patients and recognizes the direct relationship between the effective/efficient provision of care/services to patient/ agency. Under physician orders delivers selected treatments/procedures/tests and basic patient care for the patient on an intermittent basis while supervised by the RN. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served. This requires that the individual demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of the patient population served. Accountability to the Care Manager in relation to utilization practices and to the PI/Education Coordinator in relation to regulatory and compliance standards.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance for this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
• Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state(s) in which they are practicing.
• Provides own transportation and auto insurance and abides by all laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty. Maintains a valid driver’s license.
• Must have certification in CPR prior to patient.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and execute own workload.
• Must be able to use and operate medical and/or office equipment, including Point of Care devices.
• Understand all steps of the nursing process and provides input at teach step in collaboration with the RN.
• One-year recent nursing experience preferred; home health care experience preferred.
• Expected to take night and weekend calls, and make home visits and/or work in office during the evening, night, weekend and/or holiday hours as required.
• Accountability to the Care Manager in relation to Utilization Practices.