Education and/or Other Requirements
One of the following active certifications is required:
1. American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Medical Technologist (MT);
2. American Medical Technologists (AMT) Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT);
3. Meet grandfather requirements under (Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments) CLIA ’88.
4. New graduates will have 6 months to obtain certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.