17th February, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you interested in making a difference? Are you looking for a facility that is interested in candidates that want to grow professionally but have not been given the opportunity? Would you like to work in a facility that serves several counties and can offer small town living with lots of outdoor activities including snow skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, fishing etc. The city has over 15,000 residents nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado and only a few hours of Denver. Then this could be an opportunity for you.
The position requires performing various clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
Referring unsolved problems to the appropriate person.
Assisting, orienting, and training co-workers and other hospital/medical personnel in laboratory policies and procedures.
Performing additional confirmation or alternative testing when appropriate.
Demonstrating the ability to correlate lab results with clinical information and other laboratory results to assess/validate tests results and procedures.
Demonstrating the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, calibrate and operate instruments to provide accurate and efficient testing.
- Knowledge of blood bank, chemistry, special chemistry, coagulation, hematology, serology, phlebotomy and minimal microbiology.
- Consistently reports stat results within 30-60 minutes
- Ability to test and report within the required turn-around-time, prioritizing appropriately.
- Communicates or resolves specimen or testing problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in routine (venipuncture) and special collection techniques by obtaining acceptable specimens including, blood gases, throat swabs, influenza swabs, timed specimens, blood culture collection, blood bank specimens, coagulation studies, difficult draws and special situations.
- Exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, and manage time.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology and must have their ASCP certification.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Generalist.
Apply For Job
- Looking for someone who is a strong MT Generalist with blood bank experience. Able to work in Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Serology, Phlebotomy and minimal microbiology.
- The shifts are 10hr shifts and are Wednesday evenings and then Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights.
- Facility is offering an hourly rate between $28.50 - $34.00 depending on experience. There is a $2.50/hr evening shift differential, a $5.00/hr night differential and a $2.00 per hour weekend differential
- There is a $3000 sign and stay bonus paid out at 3 months($750), 6 months($750) and 1 year($1500) of FT employment and there is an excellent benefit package offered as well.