Would you like work at a state of the art hospital that is just over 10 years old and offers a broad range of services? Would you like to live in an area that has sunshine almost every day of the year? How about finding a career and life balance?
Where could you go and have a positive effect on patient care while enjoying breathtaking sunsets on the mountains and a mixture of outdoor as well as bountiful indoor activities for anyone of any age?
The primary purpose of the First/Surgical Assist position is to assist the surgeon and RN’s in operative procedures.
The primary role of the First/Surgical Assist- will be to function as an assistant to the Surgeon.
The role also includes pre-operative functions such as selection and placement of appropriate surgical instruments, supplies and equipment; to scrub and provide instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during surgical procedures.
Performs variable duties related to the Surgery unit in accordance with established Hospital Policies and Procedures.
The First/Surgical Assist has the responsibility of reporting, incidents, patient and/or employee issues, work related accidents and any unusual events to the Registered Nurses and who are responsible for the delivery of patient care.
Strives daily to give all customers excellent care and promotes the Medical Centers’ Standards of Behavior and performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a CST.
- Have Surgical Tech Certification or Completion of a Surgical Tech Program.
- Basic Life Support (BCLS) within 30 days of hire.
- 1-2+ years of Open Heart experience required.
- Certification as Surgical/First Assist Preferred.
- The facility is a 175+ bed acute care joint commission accredited facility.
- Position reports to the Manager of Surgical Services.
- Great department where everyone works well together so looking for someone that fits in and has excellent communication skills.
- The range is between $27hr-$47hr depending on experience. The position does offer a sign-on bonus of either $4500 or $9000 depending on commitment as well and they offer a full benefits package included.