Support the organization’s mission, vision and values by adhering to the behavioral standards of the hospital. Comply with all laws and regulations affecting the hospital. Be familiar with and adhere to the Code of Conduct and support the hospital Compliance Program. Effective communication skills and the ability work effectively with people from various backgrounds are critical.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Comprehensive assessments on assigned clients/case load in appropriate time frames (i.e. initial, recertification, resume, discharge, and PRN).
Formulates and implements an individualized, age-appropriate plan of care in collaboration with physician, client, family, and interdisciplinary team members. Revises and updates plan of care as appropriate, based upon ongoing assessments/evaluation of client’s response to care.
Delegates tasks to the unlicensed assistive personnel, eg. Home Health Aide, in accordance with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act. Prepares written assignment for HHA. Monitors and documents quality of HHA’s services and client’s response to care; evaluates HHA’s competency in performance of delegated tasks.
Must be able to take call nights, weekends, and holidays
Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effectively works with interdisciplinary team
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking and decision making abilities; able to function independently
- Proactively adapts to change
- Formulates and maintains effective working relationships with physicians, members of the Home Health team, other community providers and caregivers
- Able to work in client’s home of various socioeconomic levels with possible exposure to pets, smoke, etc.
- Successfully integrates OASIS responses into clinical assessments
- Demonstrates willingness to learn wound and ostomy assessment/management
- Excellent wound care skills preferred
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- BSN preferred
- American Nurses’ Association certification in Home Health, Gerontology or Case Management preferred
- Must pass a criminal records check at hire and every three years from the date of the last criminal records check in accordance with ORS443.004
- Home health or community nursing experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.Addendum to 6010-640/642