04th February, 2021
Job Type: Direct
- Day and Night Shift Positions
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community (25K population), that offers a low cost of living (18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city? If so, an opportunity exists to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio who is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
They are the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Delivers patient care and diagnostic testing according to professional practice standards, while providing support for the healthcare system divisions.
Reviews existing clinical data, collects or recommends obtaining additional pertinent clinical data.
Evaluates all data to determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care plan, and participates in the development of the respiratory care plan.
- Reviews data in the patient record and recommends diagnostic procedures.
- Collects and evaluates clinical information.
- Performs procedures and reports results, determine appropriateness of and participate in developing and recommending modifications to respiratory care plans: spirometry, co-oximetry; ABG sampling and analysis; pressure-volume, flow-volume loops, and cuff pressure.
- Selects and obtains equipment, and assures equipment cleanliness.
- Performs quality control procedures for: blood analysis devices; diagnostic equipment; ventilator volume/flow/pressure calibration; gas metering devices.
- Conducts therapeutic procedures to maintain a patent airway, adequate ventilation, oxygenation and remove bronchopulmonary secretions.
- Evaluates and monitors patient’s response to respiratory care and recommends modifications in therapeutic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to identify when to accept and refer complex issues to the next level in order to facilitate problem resolution.
- Provides clinical direction to respiratory staff throughout the shift of duty and area of responsibility when assigned charge.
- Demonstrates proficiency with clinical knowledge in order to be a resource person for new employees.
- Assembles and assures cleanliness of equipment. Checks equipment for malfunctions and corrects as necessary.
- Identifies and completes additional project(s) as assigned by management.
- Stays current with department information and changes by reading and initialing meeting minutes and communication book within one
Apply For Job
- Graduate of a respiratory program recognized by J.R.C.R.T./CoARC
- RRT or CRT
- BLS required.
- Must be Ohio licensed or be in process as it takes a while to obtain.
- Additional Info:
- The department has about 45 other RRT's and CRT's.
- They have a day and night shift position available(72hrs ppp).
- You will be required to work weekends and holidays in the rotation.
- The hospital will offer an hourly range between $23.48-$31.58 depending on experience and a great benefit package.