03rd February, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Assumes department responsibilities and maintains a standard of care to ensure the patient receives the best possible care and quality examinations while in our department; thus aiding the physician in accurate assessment and timely diagnosis. Staff must adhere to the ARRT code of ethics and must model facility's mission, vision and values. EDUCATION:
- Associate's Degree - Required
- Bachelor's - Preferred
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- 2-3 years of clinical experience in Radiology
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Adheres to facility's Healthcare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
2. Adheres to facility's Service Excellence Standards.
3. Radiologic technologists will be required to perform general radiographic and fluoroscopic exams to include portables and C-Arm surgical exams. They will be required to cross-train into CT, Bone Density and limited ultrasound.
4. Technologists are encouraged to obtain in mammography, CT, MRI, bone density and ultrasonography. Technologists are responsible for maintaining professional registries.
5. Scheduling of exams and entering orders and charges into the hospital computer System.
6. Transcription of Diagnostic Imaging Exams is also performed by the technologists.
7. Introduce yourself and explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation. Obtain any informed consent and check to be sure insurance authorization has been completed.
8. Positions patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
9. Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
10. Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff. ALARA principles are strictly adhered to. Wear film badges provided by this institution in accordance with the radiation guidelines.
11. Operates mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
12. Responsible for transmitting exams into PACs, editing exams, and resolving quality assurance issues within the PACs system related to the exams they are performing.
13. Views images that are taken and determines whether or not they are of optimum quality for radiologist’s interpretation.
14. Clarifies nurses’ questions about patient orders for exams, preps for particular exams, and organizes stat work.
15. Obtains stat readings as designated by exam from the radiologist and relays the information to the nurse or doctor via telephone or computer.
16. Responsible for the delivery of professional services and the provision of high quality patient care.
17. Maintains Diagnostic Imaging services in accordance with standards established by the hospital and with state, local and federal standards which may apply.
18. Responsible for retention and destruction of departmental and patient records.
19. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
20. Shall have the ability to work with others in a team environment, the ability to accept direction from supervisors, the ability to follow work rules and procedures, and the ability to accept constructive criticism.
21. As part of your job function you will need to access Patient Health Information for treatment, hospital operations or payment purposes. HIPPA guidelines will be followed. See hospital department policy and procedure for access granted for this job function.
22. Share call with other technologists as scheduled by supervisor.
23. Abides by the policies and procedures of the facility. Standards of conduct in the Compliance Plan and participates in ongoing monitoring of activities with respect to compliance, and abides by the Service Excellence Standards.
24. Attends and participates in departmental meetings / in-services, facility's quality improvement program, etc.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.
HIPAA: As a part of a federally mandated HIPAA Compliance Plan, we will designate access to PHI. Workforce members shall be restricted to PHI unless needed to carry out your job duties as described in your job description. Access is specifically identified as the amount that is reasonably necessary to perform your duties.
SECURITY / ACCESS: Badge access to designated employee entrances. Password protected computer access as needed. Understands and complies with security/access policies of the organization.
EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS: The work environmental is primarily inside where the climate is controlled and does not have extreme temperature fluctuation. Proper PPE will be expected when interacting with the different patient and work environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES (MATH / LANGUAGE): Ability to add and subtract. Ability to multiply and divide. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and policy / procedure manual. Ability to effectively communicate/present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and clients.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL / MOTOR: Use a copy machine. Use a 10 key calculator. Microsoft Suite: WordExcelPower PointAccess
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL / CRITICAL DEMANDS: Ability to have regular attendance to work. Ability to work 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts as required.Ability to work day or night shifts as required.Job functions are to be performed on-campus of hospital or clinics.
Apply For Job