01st February, 2021
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
The HRIS Benefits Consultant is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining benefit reports within the Human Resources Information
System (HRIS) system.
The position will serve as the point of contact for all benefit plan reporting, benefits data integrity and auditing of benefit information within the system.
The HRIS Benefits Consultant will work with IT to ensure information is sent to all benefit carriers timely and accurately.
The incumbent will assist in the monthly benefit premium reconciliation process and the annual open enrollment reporting process.
This position will participate in all system implementations and upgrades as it relates benefit plans and/or programs; participate in functional testing and provide additional support to the HR team by participating in other HRIS data projects.
-Assist in the monthly benefit premium reconciliation process. Establish standard monthly reporting to be used to reconcile benefit invoices and identify discrepancies in the data that need to be reviewed and corrected.
-Develops and maintains moderate to complex reports (via query) to support data requests from internal and external business partners. Consults with end users to understand reporting requests.
-Performs troubleshooting for issue resolution with prompt escalation to HRIS System Specialist and/or IT Applications team when needed.
-Responsible to participate in annual salary survey process with external compensation vendors.
-Assist in HRIS system maintenance, upgrades and audits on an on-going basis related to the benefits plans and programs. Maintains and updates benefits system builds and manages all exports to ensure data integrity. Documents processes and results.
-Works to increase productivity and eliminate manual processes by leveraging the capabilities of the system.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent HRIS Benefits experience.
- SQL experience Required.
- Two years experience using an HR information system (WorkDay experience strongly preferred).
- Experience with healthcare and/or specific departmental functions.
- Strong PC skills in Word, Excel, email systems, and Windows applications.
Apply For Job
- Position reports to the Comp and Benefits Manager. Will work with one other HRIS Consultant.
- The position is a report writer position as opposed to a benefits administration position.
- Position is MON-FRI, no weekends, no major holidays.
- We would only be interested in fairly local candidates (OH, PA, WV, IN). Because it is only offering $500 for relo.
- The hospital will offer a range between 41K-57K depending on experience and a great benefit package.