1. Delivery of nursing care via the nursing process; assessment (collection of data), planning, interventions and evaluations Delivery of nursing care via the nursing process; assessment (collection of data), planning, interventions and evaluations
2. Prepares patient for surgery and outpatient procedures as directed by physician’s orders and administering nursing care to patients pre/intra/post procedure. Prepare the patients for discharge post procedure.
3. Documentation of nursing care in a timely and accurate manner. Arranges for follow-up care or referral
4. Demonstrate ability to provide chemotherapy administration and antibiotic therapy
5. Able to perform minor procedures dealing with aseptic techniques
6. Assist with responsibilities in OR, PACU and Endoscopy to level of expertise
7. Administration of all medications, (I.V., PO, 8Q, etc.) and biological in accordance to State Law. Uses 5 medical rights and reduce the potential for medication errors
8. Communicate questions about appropriateness of medical or nursing care through chain of command as needed
9. Perform treatments and procedures as directed, which are within the individuals’ training and capabilities
10. Plans, supports and coordinates activities and resources to assure pain in all patients is recognized and addressed appropriately
11. Calls patients day before surgery to confirm appointment and with specific instructions as to NPO status, prep completion and where to report.
12. Perform preoperative evaluations, reporting appropriate information in regard to patient status. Provide patient education in all areas of responsibility.
13. Prepare charts accurately. Stocks and orders supplies
14. Plans, supports and coordinates activities and resources to assure pain in all patients is recognized and addressed appropriately
- Current Wyoming Registered Nurse license in good standing
- Previous experience working in a medical or health care facility preferred but not required
- Must possess communication skills to relate to the public in person
- Demonstrate good organizational abilities
- Seeks proficiencies in computer applications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret appropriate journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Will assist in writing policies and procedures as needed.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and is knowledgeable in metric, apothecary and household measurements and can convert from one system to another.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to modify care based on the developmental / functional age of the patient as well as that of the patient's ethnic background.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Oncology certification
- Ability to interact with patients, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Ability to interact assertively and tactfully when dealing with conflict and in group solving activities.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, open minded approach in identifying problems and resolving problems/conflicts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is also subject to exposure to blood and body fluids, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, exposure to burns and radiant energy, exposure to toxic chemicals and biological agents.