The position is responsible, under the direction of the Director of Cardiovascular Services, for overseeing the day-to-day operational and clinical activities of the Cath Lab. Coordinates unit activities and supports staff in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Supervise staff and give technical direction, monitor and prioritize workflow.
2. Manage the selection, training and development of staff.
3. Assists in development and monitoring of budget. Performs needs assessment and makes recommendations for capital purchases.
4. Ensure adequate staffing and effective utilization of resources.
5. Assure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
6. Establish effective relationships with physicians.
7. Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing or Cardiovascular Technology program required.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a nurse or technologist in interventional cardiology/radiology, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained clinical area as required by the State.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).