Are you considering a career change? Would you be open to living in close to Sante Fe in a beautiful mountain community surrounded by the powerful Jemez Mountains.
The area is a health oriented community that is proud to have its own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center where Olympic swim teams train, the best schools in the state of NM, outstanding hiking trails and is a very safe community.
Local historical and beautiful sites (Santa Fe, Taos) are within an hour’s drive of the area.
The facility is committed to its quality initiatives and a culture of safety, is invested in the growth of its staff and thus supports ongoing education, certifications and other ongoing learning, and extends numerous recognition programs to all of its staff.
Would you like to work for a facility that appreciates its employees and offers an excellent work life balance and a nice lab environment.
Then continue to review the details on the lab opening.
The Hematology lead will be responsible for overseeing Hematology, Urinalysis and Coagulation. Person will monitor the technical functions of the department of the Lab including equipment safety, validity of test results and evaluation of problems identified.
The person will monitor proficiency testing activities including reviewing results and documenting correction action as required.
This position oversees coagulation testing which includes quality control, calibration, inventory, tech training, lot switch, and monthly coagulation report to be submitted to the Pathologist and Lab Director for review.
Consults with physicians, nurses, patients, other hospital personnel, laboratory staff and hospital visitors regarding the results of laboratory tests.
Recommends the purchase of supplies and equipment and ensures that par levels of supplies are maintained to ensure uninterrupted services.
Coordinates, directs, and participates in the activities of the department in the absence of Laboratory Director to ensure that continuous, accurate, timely and cost effective services are provided.
Functions to meet employee and patient safety goals.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Licenses: Current ASCP or AMT Certification as MT or Equivalent
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- At least 4 year of experience as a Med Tech required.
- Position reports to the Lab Director and the person will supervise the MT's and MLT's in the Hematology area. Each lead helps each other cover so the person must be able to do Chemistry and Blood Bank as well.
- The position is primarily a day shift and will require weekend rotation and fill in for staff when they are sick or on vacation.
- For Sysmex XN and Coagulation they need to know how to troubleshoot instruments and QC issues.
- The range is $25.80hr-$38.70hr depending on experience.