16th October, 2020
Job Type: Direct
- Salary range midpoint $112,756
Responsible for overall leadership and operations of Trauma Services for the facility.
Ensures that the requirements for the Trauma Level Designation are maintained for the facility and ensures completion of required actions.
Provides leadership and consultative services for performance improvement activities of the trauma program, and ensures compliance activities for all regulatory agencies for the designation program.
A Registered Nurse responsible to assure the facility performs concurrent rounding on the trauma patients, medical record reviews and assures the integrity and maintenance of available trauma registry databases, coordinates data collection processes, exhibits proficiency in data management, demonstrates knowledge of age specific processes of care, coordinates referrals when physician or departmental review is indicated, and assists with regulatory compliance.
Performs concurrent review and chart studies while maintaining databases for trauma patients, and participates in the quality improvement program to evaluate care for these patient populations. Assures education of the staff and the community regarding initiatives and care of the trauma patients.
Works with the Trauma Medical Director to address identified Performance Improvement needs through appropriate committees and activities.
Supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence standards to all customer groups.
This position summary contains the most relevant duties and responsibilities and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned. QUALIFICATIONS:
1. 3 years’ experience in Emergency and Trauma nursing.
2. Must acquire and maintain annually 12 CEUs related to Trauma.
3. Demonstrates competency and professionalism in verbal and written communication.
4. Must have experience in an acute-care hospital environment.
5. Hours are flexible but must be able to work in a high pressure environment subject to multiple and changing
priorities and demands.
6. A thorough understanding of the clinical aspect of patient care.
7. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to facility's Compliance Program and Code of Conduct
through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and
immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer. EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a
valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license. BSN
required, Masters preferred.
2. Must be able to travel between facilities, as needed, in position.
3. Previous healthcare leadership experience preferred.
4. RN will have BLS upon hire (and maintain through employment) and become certified and maintain
certification in ACLS, TNCC and/or TCAR and PALS and/or ENPC within 12 months of hire.
Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA for Healthcare Provider’s Program.
Apply For Job