Would you like to live close to the Tucson area in a community with a population over 40K that has no shortage of enticing traits that make it a community of choice for all types of people seeking an affordable cost of living, a temperate climate with year-round outdoor recreation, and an attractive balance of small-town charm with big-city amenities.
It is a great place for young professionals, with a median age range of 34 years old and many retirees are also captivated by the area, often coming to visit for a few days only to find themselves liking the area so much that they purchase a home and stay.
The cost of living is among the lowest and housing cost are below the national average while its median household income is much higher at over $56K yearly. If this sounds good then add over 275 days of sunshine a year and you could work at a healthcare facility that is around 100 beds and is committed to serving the residents in several surrounding counties and wants its employees to enjoy a career/life balance.
The Director of the Emergency Department is responsible for the daily operation of department to include: high quality patient care, recruitment
and retention of staff, operational and capital budgets, regulatory compliance, continuous performance improvement, and excellence in customer service.
This position requires excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and with other leadership in the community.
This position has direct oversight of the clinical coordinator/educator of the ED and is responsible for assessing and maintaining competency and education of staff.
Candidate should have strong leadership and interpersonal skills to include coaching, mentoring, and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
- Masters degree preferred.
- RN license required.
- Certified Emergency Nursing certification preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in nursing administration/health care management at director level or above.
- Must obtain the following certifications within 90 days of hire; ACLS, PALS, CPR, HAZMAT and Handle with Care.
- Must obtain TNCC within a year of hire.
- The facility is a 100 bed acute hospital that is a Level III Trauma Center.
- The ED has 22 beds and has around 30K visits
- Person will supervise between 30-35 FTE's.
- The department has a great team that really works well together and is manageable.
- The facility is offering a range between $40hr-64hr and offers a full benefit package and a relocation/sign-on.