Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community, that offers a low cost of living and plenty of activities in the area but is located about an hour from Roanoke. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system who is looking for someone to join their team.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of this size. They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring.
Under the direction of the nursing director or other supervisor, assumes responsibility for providing patient care for his/her specified department/shift, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients.
The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics.
The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status.
He/she must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and to provide care in accordance with physician orders, the Joint Commission standards, OSHA regulations, nursing and departmental policies and procedures.
- Nursing degree required from an approved college.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or eligibility to sit for exam, or compact licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Requires BCLS.
- ACLS and PALS required within six months of hire.
- Prefer telemetry experience.
- Hospital is 100 beds and earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval. It is the only hospital in the county and provides care to approximately over 35,000 people.
- RN will work in the MedSurg area and the unit does telemetry as well and is a 35 bed unit.
- The person will work 7pm-7am(3 shifts per week) and they are looking to add 5 RN's.
- The hourly range is between $21.50hr-$32.50hr depending on experience and their is $2hr shift differential and they offer full benefits package including a $10K sign-on bonus.