05th October, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Performs diagnostic ultrasound and/or vascular exams on all types of patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical conditions.
Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgment in the performance of services.
Operates medical diagnostic ultrasound equipment to complete a variety of procedures including obstetrical, abdominal, and vascular exams as applicable.
Assists physicians in fine needle biopsy and localization procedures.
Consistently produces diagnostic quality exams, individualizing technical factors, scanning parameters and patient positioning as required by each procedure.
Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
Participates in clinical training of ultrasound and/or radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
Assumes “call status” as necessary during off hours for emergency procedures.
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers(ARDMS) in the appropriate specialty(RDCS or RVT designation required).
- Demonstrated competence in all diagnostic ultrasound procedures including invasive exams such as ultrasound-guided biopsies.
- Willing to look at newer grads with some experience.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to Manager of Heart & Vascular Diagnostics.
- Experience with stress echo and TEE preferred; Pediatric experience a plus.
- 36 hours/week; day shift with start times varying beginning at 6:30a
- Call is required and will be no less than every 4th week/evenings and weekend.
- Weekends involve stress echos ordered by the cardiologists and "due today" or "stat" order.
- About 20 other sonographers on staff.
- The position is offering between 54K-72K. The position offers a $4K sign-on bonus, relocation and a great benefit package.