01st October, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
The Financial Analyst provides financial analysis support to the healthCare system.
The incumbent serves as a steward of financial and statistical data and information utilized by key stakeholders for making critical decisions and will interact with various departments, including management at all levels.
He/she will ensure the accuracy and integrity of reported data and information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
SOME ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
-Performs financial analysis, modeling, and reporting, related to project/business proposals.
-Conducts financial analysis of moderate to high complexity information to assure key stakeholders are provided with actionable, accurate and high integrity financial data.
-Communicates analytical findings and value added-information to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
-Works in conjunction with data management team for statistical gathering, reporting and compilation of benchmarking information.
-Provides support in long range financial planning.
-Assists with quarterly bond disclosure documents.
-Prepares annual department operating and capital budget for leadership approval.
-Performs variance analysis of budget to actual monthly reports.
-Maintains credit rating documents and all supporting documentation.
-Prepares, validates and assimilates reported payroll information for productivity tool and analyzes such data to ensure efficiency.
-Produces pro forma statements and feasibility analysis for long-term financial planning and forecasting.
-Maintains report tracking database and completes recurring and ad hoc reports for all areas.
-Develops and maintains service line reports in alignment with strategic initiatives and orchestrates the process for routine distribution.
-Identifies and implements process improvement strategies to effectively and efficiently produce reports, gather information, and meet organizational needs.
-Maintains data integrity to ensure all data received, retrieved, and processed is validated prior to distribution.
-In conjunction with routine reporting incorporates cost accounting analysis to supplement the strategic decision-making process.
-Analyzes Lean Six Sigma projects throughout process to identify potential cost savings benefit.
-Provides coaching and assists with training, promoting a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to read, categorize, comprehend and calculate information.
- Proficiency in data mining and analysis.
- Demonstrates in-depth accounting and finance knowledge and is willing and able to learn healthcare service line specific operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills to effective create analysis and presentations.
- Ability to independently prioritize and focus on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be detail oriented and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Position reports to Decision Support Manager who was newly promoted and this person reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Position is a full time exempt day shift
- The pay depends on experience but the range is between 51K-70K plus a full benefit package.