30th September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you looking for a new position where you can live and work in a community that offers big city conveniences in a micropolitan atmosphere so you can have the best of both worlds.
Would you be interested in working for a healthcare leader in the region? Would you like to live in an area that is affordable and has low crime?Do you like to have a work life balance and live in an area with beautiful scenery and friendly people and gets high remarks for its lifestyle and quality of place. Then this might just be the right opportunity for you.
Responsible for daily operations of assigned laboratory section(s), including personnel supervision, quality assurance, financial controls, and administration.
Also functions as a Medical Laboratory Scientist within the appropriate section(s).
Performs LIS-related duties and serves as liaison for LIS with Hospital Information Systems staff.
-Assists Director in establishing and coordinating personnel work schedules and assignments.
-Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements (federal, state, local).
-Assists Director in meeting operating budget goals.
-Maintains section(s) workload, QA/QC, personnel, and financial records as assigned.
-Performs assigned procedures in compliance with department Procedure Manuals and QA/QC policy.
-Performs instrument preventative maintenance correctly and on schedule.
-Exhibits good working knowledge and logic in troubleshooting and repair of instruments. Maintains the equipment and work area in a clean, orderly manner on a daily basis and documents repairs required.
-Helps ensure an orderly transition between shifts, including provisions for completion of testing in progress. Develops procedural manuals for Serology and Microbiology
-Responsible for development and implementation of Quality Improvement Projects
-Assists with Medical Laboratory duties as required by department needs
-Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
-Ensures employee rounding is performed each month
-Ensure staff under their direction is using AIDET in interactions with all patients.
-Ensure competencies are completed and recorded appropriately annually
-Monitor quality control throughout the laboratory
-Make certain all proficiency testing is completed, recorded, and stored in an easily retrievable method
-Conduct employee evaluations
-Ensure employee hours are properly recorded and help with payroll
-Provide education for other departments needing help with laboratory procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
- Five years relevant experience.
- Registered with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists(ASCP) and/or CLS Registry with National Certification Agency for Medical Laboratory Personnel(NCA).
Apply For Job
- Facility is 200 beds. Position is located outside of Wichita.
- Position reports to the Lab Director. Person will have a staff between 20-30 they manage.
- Looking for someone that has strong Medical Technologist experience but even more important to have the ability to be a strong
- Manager with mentoring and leadership capabilities.
- They must be able to address issues by following facilities ICARE values(Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence).
- Person needs to have excellent organization skills. Person must be detailed oriented as well.
- The facility is offering a salary range depending on experience and the midpoint is $70,000.00. A great benefit package with relocation offered.