29th September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Would you like to work in a small facility where you make a difference in patient outcomes and be part of a team? How about living in a small town but centrally located by Nashville, Memphis and Chattanooga?
The area offers numerous outdoor activities and a quaint downtown area. Please continue to review then.
The Director of Surgical Services is a Registered Nurse with clinical experience in the care of the surgical patient population.
Person must be able to work collaboratively with all members of the administrative and health care team and must be able to effectively lead others.
This director is responsible for providing clinical and operational oversight to the units he/she manages and is responsible for ensuring the standards of care are met for the patients served.
The Director is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and that staffing goals are met in the units managed.
This director is responsible for the coordination of patient care, performance improvement and clinical operations of the units he/she manages.
The Surgical Services Director is a working manager and may provide direct or indirect patient care within the hospital.
Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development and training, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
Provides clinical guidance and oversight to the patient care delivered. Coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments. May provide patient care when necessary.
Ensures the patient care delivered follows nursing standards of care in a manner that promotes positive outcomes, avoids harms to patients and promotes health and healing.
Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to provide care to the patients.
- BSN and Current and active Registered Nurse license in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have current BLS/CPR. Must obtain ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a perioperative setting.
- Previous management, leadership, or house supervision experience preferred.
Apply For Job
- Position Reports to the CNO.
- Director will supervise 18 people and responsible for OR, PACU and Central Sterile Processing.
- Facility is 99 bed acute care facility.
- The range is between 85K-95K depending on experience. The hospital will provide a sign-on bonus to help with relocation and offers a great benefit package.