10th September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Has 24-hour accountability for planning, coordinating, and managing operations and activities of Respiratory Services to effectively and efficiently provide quality patient care services in accordance with patient needs, hospital policy and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Oversees the supervision of staff, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
-Participates in interdisciplinary development of evidence-based patient standards of care; collects and analyzes patient outcomes
-Facilitates the participation of staff in the systematic, interdisciplinary and ongoing evaluation of programs, processes, and desired client-centered outcomes.
-Guides the provision of all modes of respiratory care in accordance with accepted guidelines (i.e. ACC, AACVPR, AHA, and ACSM, ASE, SVU, etc).
-Develops, implements, and evaluates systems and processes that complement the overall system for performance improvement
-Works closely with program medical directors.
-Analyzes department related information regarding operations, budgets, personnel reports and/or other activities; and develops action plans based on identified trends and variances.
-Demonstrates effective human resource management.
-Responsible for appropriate recruitment, selection, and retention of staff, attempting to minimize turnover of productive employees.
-Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff and addresses performance or behavioral issues as needed.
-Delegates effectively by establishing clear expectations, knowledge to do the job with appropriate follow up mechanism while maintaining accountability.
-Maintains professional competency by attending educational programs and participating in professional organizations.
-Facilitates development of staff and motivates them to meet organizational, departmental, and professional commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT, with current Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the State of Ohio.
- Two (2) years management experience required.
- Two (2) years inpatient Respiratory Care experience required.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and team building skills, self directed and a positive role model.
- Goal oriented and visionary with strong strategic and critical thinking skills.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to Director of Pulmonary Administration.
- Will oversee ~50 employees, includes 4 Coordinators, 1 Education Consultant and 1 Department Assistant.
- Responsible for oversight of multiple campuses. Oversees Respiratory Therapy, Pulmonary Rehab, Black Lung Clinic, PFT.
- The position is offering between 60K-80K. The position offers a $4K sign-on bonus, relocation and a great benefit package.