07th September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Manages designated areas of the clinical laboratory.
Oversees daily operations, workflow, quality and staffing for all designated areas to ensure the laboratory services are meeting the needs of the patient, physician and other care providers.
-Performs and/or oversees the monthly scheduling, making sure all shifts are covered appropriately. This includes effective management of daily staffing dynamics.
-Responsible for compliance with CAP and HFAP standards within all areas of responsibility. Evaluates all assigned areas of the laboratory on a yearly basis to ensure CAP readiness.
-Conducts laboratory staff meetings on a quarterly basis, inviting open discussion and proper follow up on pending issues.
-Supports education and provides development opportunities for employees to enhance their technical, professional and leadership skills. Serves as a preceptor and role model.
-Establishes job competencies and performance goals to provide employees with clear performance expectations.
-Demonstrates vision and initiates changes to meet the future needs of the laboratory and/or organization.
-Identifies to management ways to modify and/or improve department.
-Ensures internal competency programs are being managed to meet regulatory requirements.
-Ensures external proficiency programs are being managed to meet regulatory requirements.
-Seeks opportunities for and participates in continuing education to enhance or acquire skills to support professional goals.
-Provides management with thorough and objective assessments after evaluating new instruments, test methodologies, and/or laboratory supplies
-Clarifies and interprets both organization and department policies and procedures to promote understanding and consistency
-Monitors and helps facilitate the timely completion of department projects.
-Oversees new employee training including orientation, competency testing and checklist completion.
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution, and investigative skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to develop and encourage employee behaviors congruent with the healthcare systems mission statement.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to the Director of Lab who we placed.
- This position will oversee phlebotomy and central processing.The person will have 1 Phlebotomy Supervisor/Senior Tech and 1 other Peer Manager(Clinical Lab Manager).
- The department of 38 lab tech support assistants and one senior tech, perform venipuncture (blood draws) for inpatients and provide outpatient venipuncture at all the systems settings.
- Must be able to work as a Phlebotomist in times of high census/call-offs and perform blood draws.
- Experience in a high volume lab would be a plus.
- On average, the phlebotomy team draws 934 specimens daily plus The staff averages an additional 567 orders daily from multiple facilities outside of the main hospital.
- The position is offering between 74K-99K. The position offers relocation and a great benefit package.