04th September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Responsible for the management and supervision of the payroll process for the healthCare system, including partner companies. Ensures accurate and timely payroll distribution.
Collaborates with the Director of Human Resources to facilitate cooperation within the department and with external department managers with regard to payroll services.
-Develops communications to inform employees of payroll related management program changes.
-Ensures the payroll staff is up-to-date on governmental regulations pertaining to Payroll.
-Manages the Year-End production of W’2 processing.
-Manages the Quarterly deposits and reporting (941, Local returns, State IT-942, etc)
-Manages all Monthly governmental reporting ( school tax returns, other local returns, nonqualified plans, etc.)
-Prepares and completes all testing of tax upgrades, system changes, etc. through the year.
-Manages and oversees the payroll adjustment files for corrections not processed through the payroll processing.
-Develops and maintains all payroll policies and procedures, or facilitate any changes in regulatory processing of the weekly, biweekly, and monthly operations for the healthcare system and partners payrolls.
-Develops and implements any additions/changes to the programming for accurate processing of any and all new entities to the healthcare system.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 5 years of payroll experience with previous management experience required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of computerized payroll systems (INFOR, Workday, API ), Excel, Word, and any IS programs for completing daily tasks (budget programs, financial reports, etc).
- Ability to write, verbalize and explain complex information for customers and strong attention to details.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to the HR Director. The current person in the role is retiring after 40+ yrs and is remaining on as a contract employee to help with orientation of new person.
- They use API timekeeping system.
- The department has a staff of 4 (2 FT, 1PT and 1 on-call).
- Responsible for multi-company payrolls (some weekly, some bi-weekly, some monthly); approx. 4000 employees total
- Person needs an IT-savvy person with demonstrated abilities/experience in this area.
- This position will deal with frequent calls from Physicians about payroll so person will need to have some backbone.
- The position is offering between 63K-85K. The position offers relocation and a great benefit package.