02nd September, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Assist service line leaders in improving business performance, develop strategies, and enhance value throughout the service line.
This will include developing plans that will lead to better processes, effective and efficient operations, and more profitability throughout.
SOME ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
-Assist with all business operations and analysis of the service line, including but not limited to, accounting, revenue cycle, patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, purchasing, budgets, asset management, contract negotiations, new product line development, audits, long range forecasting, etc.
-Conduct service line advanced analysis and process improvement strategies using revenue analytics, market analysis, expense management, and data modeling.
-Work with service line leaders on end-to end process improvement projects and provide expert support while facilitating and tracking progress.
-Ensure appropriate controls are in place to monitor and maintain results and foster continuous improvement.
-Evaluates the service line financial position and issues periodic reports to service line leadership as well as the physicians.
-Develops and implements policies and procedures and ensures compliance throughout service line.
- -Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or other related field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- -3+ years’ experience in operations, with healthcare organization or physician medical group preferred.
- -Lean Six Sigma or process improvement knowledge a plus.
- -Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- -Excellent decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills required.
- -Pro-active problem-solver with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- -Must possess strong organizational and project management skills.
- -Capable of working with cross-functional teams to accomplish overall project goals.
- -Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
Apply For Job
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- Position reports to Decision Support Manager who was newly promoted and this person reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Please note that the title says Consultant but the position is a full time exempt day shift(salaried) working for the healthcare sytem.
- The pay depends on experience but the range is between 51K-70K plus a full benefit package.