NOW HIRING! Trauma Coordinator in Elkhart, IN
Job Type: Direct
Directs, plans and evaluates day-to-day functions to ensure that high-quality trauma services are provided at Elkhart General Hospital (EGH). Coordinates the activities of the Trauma Services staff. Integrates pre-hospital, Emergency Department, Surgery and inpatient services to ensure the delivery of quality patient care. Works collaboratively with various Medical Directors, and other Hospital Directors, regarding the planning and implementation of trauma services. Also manages the clinical and financial performance of the Trauma Services department. Exhibits exceptional experience by upholding Beacon values of respect, trust integrity and compassion and displaying relationship based care. Reports to the Executive Director. EGH Nursing Purpose: To ensure safe, compassionate, innovative patient centered care, promote and engage in the advancement of evidenced-based nursing practice, create a culture of collaboration, professionalism and a healthy work environment.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
• Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
• Easy access and convenience
• Outstanding patient experiences
• Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a nursing program. Prefer applicants who have graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana. BSN is required and Master's Degree is preferred. Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred. Must maintain current CPR, ACLS and Trauma Certifications. 2 to 5 years of job-related experience and management experience in Trauma Services required. Trauma certification preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Requires clinical knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and a thorough understanding of trauma services.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills (data entry, spread sheets and presentation software).
3. Requires management skills necessary to effectively plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate Trauma Services.
4. Requires a strong understanding of the regulatory environment.
5. Requires strong analytical, problem solving, planning, organizing and decision making skills.
6. Requires interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with hospital-wide departments and medical staff and to make public presentations regarding Trauma Services.