Are you considering a career change? Would you be open to living in close to Sante Fe in a beautiful mountain community surrounded by the powerful Jemez Mountains.
The area is a health oriented community that is proud to have its own ski hill, golf course, aquatic center where Olympic swim teams train, the best schools in the state of NM, outstanding hiking trails and is a very safe community.
Local historical and beautiful sites (Santa Fe, Taos) are within an hour’s drive of the area.
The facility is committed to its quality initiatives and a culture of safety, is invested in the growth of its staff and thus supports ongoing education, certifications and other ongoing learning, and extends numerous recognition programs to all of its staff.
Would you like to work for a facility that appreciates its employees and offers an excellent work life balance and a nice lab environment. Then continue to review the details on the lab opening.
In cooperation with the department manager, the medical technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in designated disciplines.
This position follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for testing.
Collects samples and analyze bodily fluids and substances for abnormalities.
Collects blood and study blood samples used in transfusions
Operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective manner.
Analyzes test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits, and reports/documents results per organizational standards.
Performs automated tests using computerized instruments & automated equipment.
Performs manual tests based on detailed instructions from a physician.
Runs tests and analyzes the results to be reported to the patient, physician or registered nurse.
Performs Quality Assurance work to ensure accuracy of equipment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Licenses: Current ASCP or AMT Certification as MT or Equivalent
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- At least 1 year of experience. No new grads.
- The position is for night shift Monday-Thursday(4-10hr shifts) 8:30pm-6:30am.
- Position is open due to the current person is moving to a lead position within the department.
- Person will work as a generalist and will have to be able to draw blood and do blood cultures.
- Person will also will do machine maintanence, quality control and caliberation as needed.
- The range is $25hr-$37hr depending on experience. There is a $3hr night shift differential. If the person works a weekend nights there is another $3hr differential as well.