Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city. If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Under the direction of the Medical Director and the department Radiation Oncologists, works as a member of the Radiation Oncology team in the accurate treatment and simulation of patients.
The Radiation Therapist performs radiation therapy and imaging procedures involving the application of X-rays and radioactive substances to patients for simulation and treatment for malignancies and pain.
Responsible for the accurate delivery of prescribed planned course of Radiation Therapy to patients in the Division of Radiation Oncology.
Assist in treatment planning and maintenance of prescribed standards.
Reinforces advice and monitors patients for unusual reactions and events.
Utilizing organizational resources the radiation therapist acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care, including participation in performance improvement activities.
The delivery of radiation treatments within the healthcare system reflects the missions, vision, values, and philosophies of the organization and the department.
The Radiation Therapist reports to the Department Manager.
- ARRT certification in Radiation Therapy.
- Licensed by the State of Ohio in Radiation Therapy.
- BLS certification
- Position reports to the Radiation Oncology Manager. The department has 1 clinical manager, 1.6 Radiology Oncologist, 1.6 FT RN's, 2 FT Physicist, 2 FT CMD's and 5 Staff RTT's.
- The Radiology Oncology Department is redesigned in 2015 so fairly new.
- HOSPITAL has EPIC EMR, MOSAIQ RO TREATMENT EMR(Converting to ARIA and will go LIVE 9/9/2020), Completely paperless and filmless, Siemens SomaTom CT Simulator, Varian TrueBeam w/ CBCT & VMAT & The Edge SRS Package- includes Vison RT/OSMS- 2015, Varian Trilogy w/ CBCT & VMAT- 2015, Elekta-Nucletron HDR with Oncentra, Varian Eclipse-(6)Workstations.
- Some Highlights: 3D-EBRT, IMRT & VMAT, SBRT & SRS, DIBH, HDR, State of the Art Immobilization, State of the Art Physics QA Equipment.
- Site Specific Tumor Boards:
- Breast- Weekly, Tuesday 7-8am- Breast Center
- Lung- 1st Thursday of the month- 7-8am
- General- 3rd Thursday of the month- 7-8am at Genesis
- Cancer Committee: Meets Quarterly on Friday 7-8am
- Oncology Service Line Committee: Comprised of physicians and leadership- meets PRN
- RO Weekly Chart Rounds:every Tuesday 12-1pm
- OTV- On Treatment Visit completed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Radiation Oncology Departmental Quality Committee: meets quarterly
- They are ACR Accredited, ACoS Accredited, HFAP Accredited, NSABP Accredited with the Breast Center, QOPI Certified with Medical Oncology.
- Position is located east of Columbus.
- The position is offering between 62K-80K. The position offers relocation and a great benefit package.