22nd July, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city.
If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
- Manages and directly participates in the management of large complex projects and initiatives including analysis, design, and implementation.
- Coordinates activities and provides support throughout the entire system life cycle including project management, requirements definition, analysis, selection/acquisition, implementation, installation, training/education documentation, troubleshooting and technical support to ensure computer applications are designed, implemented, utilized, and managed to provide maximum benefits.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to develop project managers inside and outside of the PMO. Determines project work schedules, monitors performance and progress, resolves schedule issues and other areas of project contention.
- -Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, changes, risks and issues
- -Manage a portfolio of complex projects/initiatives that span one or multiple areas of the organization
- -Plans and manages the day-to-day activities of teams including prioritization of team activities and meeting plans
- -Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery includes full implementation from initiation to completion
- -Prepares summary team status reports and reviews with Project Director
- -Conduct weekly team lead meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
- -Ensures completion as identified in the project plan
- -Ability to assess risk and mitigate impact to project.
- -Ensure high quality of deliverables as identified through defined processes and in conjunction with the Project Quality Control Team. These include: Activities of one team do not adversely impact activities of another team, changes are combined when appropriate to avoid duplicate effort, thorough testing to minimize problems at go live, and quality deliverables are prepared.
- -Manage identified issues by the project team and bring to resolution
- -Escalate to the Project Director issues which cannot be resolved
- -Develop weekly status and project reports that address outstanding work, issues and risks to the Project Director
- -Ensures team decisions are made in a timely fashion
- -Extensive understanding and experience of/with project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- -Participate in weekly Project Director meeting and participates as needed in bi-weekly Implementation Steering Team meetings
- -Champion the project
- -Promotes an atmosphere open to new ideas and constructive interpretation of events and changes.
- -Quickly and easily adapts to and supports change in technology and the industry.
- -Utilizes best practice project management techniques and methodologies.
- -Remains current on information technology, principles, concepts, practices, and technologies.
- -Coordinates all activities within delivery services and other divisions to provide a seamless set of services to the clients.
- -Coordinates close relationships with clients to assist with the identification of needs and requirements.
- -Provides technical leadership to IS and the enterprise including being conversant with the future direction of information systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how current and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- -Provides proactive and effective project management services for all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- -Provides guidance, direction and management for process improvement and transformation initiatives.
- -Directs the implementation and development of components of enterprise-wide integrated information systems while providing guidance and direction to the client base.
- -Supports the development and maintenance of a long-range information system strategic and operational plan.
- -Remains current on all installed and available application software and maximizes the utilization of this software throughout the enterprise.
- -Establishes project quality standards/measures, proactively monitors these standards/measures and modifies the measures as appropriate.
- -Collaborates with other project managers and members of the project management office to provide integrated project management services.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business or related program/area or equivalent experience.
- Five years of project management experience, and a minimum of three years of healthcare industry and/or systems experience.
- Experience managing large, complex enterprise-wide projects in the areas of information systems, construction, business transformation and other like projects
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMP)
- Application software certifications as applicable.
- Understanding of ITIL, waterfall, agile and related best practice standards and methodologies.
- Strong personnel and project management skills and information systems project/facilitation/technology skills.
- Possesses an understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements.
- Strong project management skills including and understanding of PMBOK standards and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Experience with managing large system selection, system acquisition, system implementation projects.
- Experience managing system development, programming and system maintenance projects and activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and project management tools and systems.
- Experience with project and resource management for large complex projects and enterprise initiatives.
- Experience with process re-design and process re-engineering methodologies and techniques.
Apply For Job
- The position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- 2019 Best Places to Work in Information Technology – IDG Computerworld.
- Healthcare experience a definite plus but not will consider others.
- The position is a salaried position but they will quote an hourly range between $33-$46hour depending on experience and they offer a full benefit package including relocation.
- Please note that the candidate is responsible for all onsite visit costs(air fare, hotel, etc.) if invited for an interview.