20th July, 2020
Job Title: Principal Cloud Security Architect
Location: Tempe, AZ
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Principal Cloud Security Architect in Tempe, AZ offering excellent compensation and full benefits package to include annual bonus! This is an exciting opportunity to be a key contributor on the ground floor of the transformation and shift towards the cloud environment.
The Cloud Security Architect position will provide guidance on the design, implementation and development of solutions for our cloud environments. This role will have a very broad understanding of all aspects of Cloud security and technology – including policies, standards and regulatory requirements. The solutions shall be designed to mitigate and/or reduce platform and business exposure to information security risks. Risks may include, but not limited to, cyber security, information security, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, and the availability of information systems. This role will lead Cloud platform development engineers and projects.
In instances where the solution does not exist, you will be relied upon to invent a unique solution. Design, develop, and analyze overall architecture to determine that hardware, software and data architecture solutions meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
Be a key contributor on security architectural governance, decisions related to projects, and participate as part of a cloud architecture decision group both collaboratively within Intel and as an externally regarded leader in the space.
Apply For Job
- Provide security architecture or governance recommendations and guidance to senior security leaders and stakeholders
- Design gap remediation strategies as directed by senior security leaders
- Investigate the potential impact of emerging technologies and architectures and communicate findings to senior security leaders
- Design technology platforms and infrastructures in alignment with banks security standards and strategic roadmaps
- Develop secure architecture standards, requirements and documents – including policies as directed
- Reviews technical solutions and make recommendations in alignment with banks security architecture requirements
- Establish architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Synchronize regularly with Enterprise Architecture
- Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Conduct security architecture reviews for internal and external clients and business partners at the request of the senior security leaders and/or Information Security Office.
- Ensure requirements are aligned to information security policies, standards and align to best practices
- Promote and help remediate gaps in regard to security architecture.
- Assess current state and maturity levels of existing security infrastructures, frameworks, methodologies, platforms.
- Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
- Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the customer
- Curate of cloud reference architecture
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (ECS, EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3, Landing zone etc.)
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ of experience the field of IT, Information Security, or Risk
- 5+ years of experience in leading teams or projects
- 5+ years of experience in IT Security
- 2+ years of Cloud experience in AWS,
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment