15th July, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city.
If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and comprehensive cancer services.
They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring with compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Performs diagnostic MRI procedures on assigned patients in an efficient and caring manner in order to provide data for the diagnosis of a wide variety of medical problems.
Evaluates exams for diagnostic quality while using professional judgement in the performance of services.
- -Operates MRI scanner and associated imaging equipment to complete diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- -Produces acceptable images by determining proper technical factors (protocols, sequences, etc) based on patient diagnosis and reason for exam.
- -Assists physicians in MR guided interventional procedures as required.
- -Prepares and administers contrast media under the direction of a physician, appropriately utilizing and operating automatic injector for designated studies.
- -Follows all safety policies related to operation of MRI unit.
- -Effectively uses computer systems (such as HIS, RIS, PACS) to process, access and distribute appropriate department and patient procedure information.
- -Assists in transportation of patients to and from the department.
- -Participates in clinical training of radiology students by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation as required.
- -Participates in providing education and information to patients and their families.
- -Participates in quality assurance/quality control activities as required.
- Must have ARRT or ARMRIT and 1 year experience required.
- Competence in all diagnostic and invasive MRI procedures performed at this facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of computer software related to electronic imaging and clinical information management.
- CPR Certified
Apply For Job
- The position is located east of Columbus.
- Reports to the Director Radiology.
- Person will work varied starting times and will have to rotate on-call. Position is full time 36hrs per week.
- The position offers a hourly range between $25-34 per hour depending on experience and they offer a full benefit package including some relocation.